Wildlife World’s original design, Solitary Bee Hive, is an interactive solitary bee habitat constructed in durable FSC certified timber with stacking trays that you can open for inspection and cleaning. Always a friend to the gardener, attracting solitary bees to the garden is not only safe but beneficial to the pollination of flowers, fruit and vegetables.
The hole sizes of this habitat are precisely specified to attract non-swarming bees like the Red Mason Bee, Leafcutter Bee and other solitary bees. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood, and the Wildlife World solitary beehive provides a habitat that has become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, you can carefully separate the beehive trays to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid or indeed where predators have been active.
– Site in a sunny position facing between south to the south-east to catch some morning sun.
– Mounting height between ground level and 1.5m.
– No chemical treatments needed as the habitat is made from durable FSC certified timber.
– You may inspect stacking trays after bee activity has ceased (Autumn/Winter)
– Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predation by woodpeckers