To celebrate the 95th birthday of queen Elizabeth II
Good fragrance – Ideal for beds, borders, and large patio pots. This repeat flowering rose produces large attractive flowers on attractive foliage from May to September.
– Height and spread 80cm x 60cm
– Position – Will thrive in most well drained soils on an open sunny site
– Planting – Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting. Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix the compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove the pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
– Watering – Water well after planting and for first growing season
– Aftercare – Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. Mulching keeps in moisture, prevents weeds, and add nutrients to the soil.
– Dead heading – Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
– Pruning – First remove dead head, diseased or dying branches. Then tie any new shoots needed to fill supports. Prune any flowered side shoots back by two thirds of their length. If the plant is heavily congested, cut out any really old branches from the base to promote new growth.
– Feeding – Feed in the spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.