retail food hall supervisor
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and assist in delivering a great food retail experience across our food and fresh produce areas at our award winning garden centre in Somerset. You will play a key role in the day to day running of the department, where you will be working in a professional highly motivated and organised family business. This will include leading operations and overseeing stock control, ordering and replenishment, ensuring our displays are exciting, merchandising is on point and that our customers receive a great experience during their visit. You’ll be responsible for the food retail sales, margin and department performance, so we’re looking for someone who has strong commercial acumen. Above all, we are looking for someone with a love for fresh food and produce, lots of energy and bags of confidence. You will be interacting with customers on a daily basis, so you will possess excellent communication skills and have an outgoing and engaging personality. You must be self -motivated, organised and flexible as the role will develop and evolve as the business grows – with potential for greater responsibilities and promotion a possibility for the right candidate.
Role / Responsibilities
The role will involve leading the overall running of the food hall and taking control of these responsibilities:
- Opening and closing of the department
- Managing staff
- Resolving any customer complaints effectively
- Relationship building with customers and staff
- General administration duties
- Control of grocery, fresh fruit and vegetables merchandising and displays to a high standard
- Serving behind the Meat and Deli counter
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic environment to ensure that best practice and hygiene standards are in line with local and national guidelines & our own policies
- Stock Control, including ordering, rotation and replenishment of all stock
- Use of the EPOS system to monitor customer shopping habit, track sales and influence future purchases
- Train staff with the skills necessary to support the department
- Possess excellent time management and experience of working to guidelines
- Work to all Food Safety, Health & Safety, Environmental and Fire guidelines in line with company policies and national guidelines
Important Other Information
- You will be required to be flexible in your working hours including working alternate weekends or one day every weekend.
- The hours are 40 hours per week, over 5 days which includes at least 1 weekend day.
- We are looking for someone to start mid-March with the potential to continue on a permanent basis after a three month probation period
- There is a holiday allowance of 28 days a year, 20 days plus days in lieu of bank holidays (as the main garden centre is open on most bank holidays and you may be required to work).
- You must be over the age of 21years.
- Experience of retail work – preferably in a farmshop or food retail environment and / or coffee shop/café
- Have Food hygiene level 1 and 2 qualifications – preferred but not essential.
- Fantastic customer service skill
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, friendly with a good sense of humour
- Able to work well under pressure
- Highly organised
- Well presented and articulate
- Hard working, flexible, honest, team player
- A flexible and driven, with the ability to work independently towards targets
- Trustworthy, patient and a good relationship builder.
Job Type: Permanent
Full-time Salary: will reflect level of experience
Please send your CV to email@example.com or write to Kate Kempson, HR Manager, Monkton Elm Garden Centre, West Monkton, Taunton, TA2 8QN
Closing date for applications is 15 February 2021.