Earlier this year, garden centres played a very positive role as we emerged from the first lockdown, by providing products and services in a safe and secure way that enhanced your time spent at home and in the garden. We are very pleased the government has again recognised the essential role gardening offers to people’s mental and physical wellbeing and allowed Garden Centres to remain opening during the next national lock down beginning Thursday 5th November. We are also pleased that our Pet Centre will remain open selling all your essential pet supplies.
The Elm Tree Restaurant will have to close temporarily from Thursday 5th November, as per government guidelines.
The national lock down also means that we have unfortunately had to cancel the first three of our four Private Shopping Evenings. If you have already booked for those evenings, then your transaction will automatically be refunded over the next few days. For the time being we have also suspended bookings for the fourth evening, due to take place on Friday 11th December, until we are certain this can go ahead.
Since reopening back in May, we have established a comprehensive set of systems and measures designed to keep both customers and staff safe, and we will continue to reinforce these to keep everyone safe. These will include:
- Restrictions on the number of people in the garden centre and one-way routes where necessary
- Please avoid visiting in a family group, where possible we would prefer a maximum of two people per household visiting at any one time
- Trolley handles will be sanitised prior to use
- Please plan your shopping list in advance and avoid browsing where possible
- Please be considerate to others – you should always be maintaining 2 metres apart
- Please continue to wear face coverings (unless exempt), and to use our hand sanitiser stations as regularly as possible
These measures are intended to keep everyone safe and to provide a pleasant and secure environment.
For those who do not feel comfortable visiting, we will also be increasing the range of product available on our website, for click and collect or home delivery.
As always, thank you for your support during this challenging time. Whether you are new to gardening or an experienced gardener, I wish you and your families all the best over the coming weeks.
Mike Lind Monkton Elm Managing Director